Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Hanbok No. 2

I love traditional costumes especially Korean traditional dresses (Hanbok in Korean). I bought Gwen her first Hanbok when she was 18 months old from a Mummy who resides in Sabah.

While we were at ITC mall (the mall opposite our apartment) desperately looking for a costume for Gwen to wear this Friday for her school's costume party, I couldn't take my eyes off those lovely Korean traditional dresses sold at one of the stores.

We were unable to get a suitable costume for Gwen as she wants to dress up as a Bunny for her costume party! I got her a Bunny mask instead. LOL.

After trying on a few Hanboks on Gwen, finally we found one which she likes. The Hanbok was quite expensive. It cost Rp260k (around RM80).


A piece of trinket came with the dress.


It's a 2 pcs outfit. This is the bottom part of the dress with a sheer top and attached long skirt.


The top part of the Hanbok.


Gwen trying on her new Hanbok. I think I will save this Hanbok for CNY next year. :)


A closer shot of the dress. Gwen was glued to a new movie which we just bought from ITC mall. A cartoon movie called Zhu Zhu Pets.

I can't help myself from putting up a recycled photo of Gwen in her first Hanbok. She looked really cute then. ^_^


Gwen didn't like her Hanbok then (Left pic). While on the right, she loved wearing it but she has outgrown the Hanbok already..hehe.

I have been told by one of the ladies (from China) who stays at our apartment that I look like a Korean before. -___- She thought we were from Korea. I wonder why..must be my small eyes.

27 comments:

Hayley October 26, 2011 at 11:15 AM  

Gwen looks pretty in the Hanbok! I wish I have one too, haha ;)

lvynana October 26, 2011 at 11:56 AM  

So nice, with a baby gal, you can dress her up all you want :)

Daddy October 26, 2011 at 2:30 PM  

Absolutely stunning...Now I know what I will get for my Chenya when she is older.....hahahaha

Alice Law October 26, 2011 at 2:46 PM  

It's beautiful, I love the embroidery and reasonably cheap too for such quality!

Gwen looks exactly like a dolly back then, feel like squeezing her into my cuddles!XD

Small Kucing October 26, 2011 at 3:58 PM  

Pink one looks much nicer...Cute

Shenny's mommy October 26, 2011 at 6:14 PM  

Gwen looks super-cute in Hanbok. Frankly to say, Gwen and you do look like Korean/Japn as both of you have fair skin and small eyes.

UmmiRosma October 26, 2011 at 10:48 PM  

Cantik! Gorgeous! Beautiful!

Gwen looks like a real Korean...pretty one!

wenn October 27, 2011 at 12:38 AM  

Indeed pretty!

Cynthia October 27, 2011 at 12:42 PM  

she is always so pretty!! :D

Mommy to Chumsy October 27, 2011 at 2:46 PM  

awww...she's so pretty. i love the hanbok :)

prince n princess mum October 27, 2011 at 5:32 PM  

I bought one for my girl, too!~~~

Gwen looks so pretty in it!~

Oliveoylz October 27, 2011 at 9:20 PM  

The Hanbok you bought is very nice with lovely details...Love the sweet colour you chose too....and Gwen looks pretty in it! A little lady! Btw, like your new header. So apt to choose that pic of Gwen with her beloved animals!!!

MeRy October 28, 2011 at 9:59 AM  

Gwen looks great in this outfit.

Vickylow October 28, 2011 at 10:43 AM  

Very nice costume. She look so pretty and cute.

Alice October 28, 2011 at 5:13 PM  

nice dress, where got sell ar?.....mind to ask?

Luciana October 28, 2011 at 5:31 PM  

absolutely awesome..make me want to buy one for my gurl :)

Little Kit Boy October 28, 2011 at 6:21 PM  

Gwen always looks nice in pink. oh...she is such a sweet young girl.

ChloeRuoyi October 28, 2011 at 11:10 PM  

Lovely! With so much intricate design and details involved, RM80 is actually not that expensive :) The 2 photos of younger Gwen in the purple hanbok are just too CUTE!

Mummy Moon October 29, 2011 at 12:12 AM  

I like your new bought Hanbok. Gwen does look like a Korean girl.

Sheoh Yan October 29, 2011 at 11:56 AM  

Gwen was so chubby when she was younger. My girls now have Vietnamese costume and Cheongsam only. I love traditional costume too, be it Sari, Kebaya, Cheongsam and etc.

yvonne October 31, 2011 at 5:30 PM  

So, Korean girl traditional costume is called Hanbok, hehe~ Gwen looks like a Korean girl in the dress and it's true, you look like a pretty Korean, too :D

Merryn November 1, 2011 at 11:01 AM  

cute nyer Gwen when she was little! So chubby :D

Leanne Leong November 3, 2011 at 8:41 PM  

Stumbled upon your blog when I was kindy-info-hunting.. Then realized tat my cousin follows ur blog too (her girl is Chloe) and you used to stay in Puchong? what a small world! :) May I ask which kindy did u send your girl then? My Leanne will 5th nxt year...

slavemom November 7, 2011 at 12:02 PM  

She looks so sweet in the Hanbok. I've nvr bot a Hanbok for my girl. Guess she won't look so cute in one now. :D

mNhL November 16, 2011 at 3:56 PM  

The hanbok is so so nice ! The pink one will be great for CNY.

Angie November 20, 2011 at 1:59 PM  

So cute of her! I remember this, I was searching for hanbok pic on Google when I found this blog with little Gwen's wearing hanbok ^^
I love the pink one, totally cute, and btw u both do like korean somehow haha

Serene November 30, 2011 at 3:21 PM  

So cute the little Gwen... She has grown up so much!

Recent Posts