Friday, April 13, 2012

Finally....some updates

Hellooooo.......I'm back (might not be long coz my life has been very hectic and tiring as I'm handling everything on my own...hopefully I can still keep blogging)! Gwen just recovered from fever and now she is having cough and flu.

Thank you to my blogger friends who are thinking of me and asking how I'm doing now....thank you for remembering me from the bottom of my heart.

Where am I now? I'm still in KL lah. Ever since Gwen started kindy, I have been very busy. She is also attending Bao Bei now. I need to ferry her to school and Bao Bei everyday. Hubby is still in Jakarta now. He usually comes back to KL once every 2 weeks during the weekends (he cannot afford to take too many leaves).

Actually what is the "reason" that really keeps me away from blogging?

Yes..I'm pregnant! I'm 18 weeks pregnant now. I only found out in January coz I missed my period back then..if my calculation is correct, my baby is "Made in Jakarta"..LOL.

No doubt this is a piece of good news for my family especially my Hubby. But this isn't a smooth sailing pregnancy for me maybe due to my age as I'm considered 'old' to have a baby. This aunty here is going to be 38 in October this year.

I had complications and bad morning sickness during my first trimester. My morning sickness lasted about 2 months (feel like a human again when I'm in my fourth month). I was on bed rest (my Hubby took 2 weeks leave to take care of Gwen while I rested) coz I was having bleeding/spotting for almost 3 weeks!

I thought I had a miscarriage the first time I had bleeding at around 2AM. There was a lot of blood and some blood clots too. I called my Hubby in Jakarta and he quickly rushed home in the afternoon. I had to bring Gwen to the hospital alone with me around 7AM and waited in the ER for my Gynae to arrive about 8AM (it was a Saturday). Thank God, my baby was ok..kicking and moving. I was 12 weeks pregnant that time.

My Gynae prescribed Duphaston for me and I was on this medication on and off coz I had 2 more bleeding after that. Also I was injected with Progesterone for 4 days. For this duration of 3 weeks I've never seen a clean pantyliner/pad...it's either red or brown.

Finally the spotting almost stop around 16 weeks but another problem surfaced...I had a bad case of yeast infection. Damn! My Gynae gave me an internal exam and found out that some of the blood vessels on my cervix was bleeding! My Gynae applied some chemical to stop the bleeding. Came home with some cream and vaginal pesary (to be inserted into the vagina).

It has been almost 3 weeks I did not see any blood stain on my pantyliner. What a relief! I am praying for a smooth delivery and a healthy baby. I hope I don't have to endure anymore 'complications' till September.

Will update about Gwen and our holiday to Hong Kong in Feb when I have the time to blog. :)

A little teaser on our awesome Hong Kong trip.


I was 2 months pregnant here. When we planned for this trip in November last year, I never thought I would be pregnant that soon.

P/S: Sorry for not dropping comments on your blog. Although I have been very quiet for these past few months, I'm still visiting your blog silently.

41 comments:

wenn April 13, 2012 at 12:25 AM  

nice to hv u back..take care and enjoy yr pregnancy.

Merryn April 13, 2012 at 12:52 AM  

Congrats! Hope you have a smooth pregnancy from now on too. Take more rest and take care yeah...

Linda April 13, 2012 at 7:00 AM  

Nice to hear from you again... and congratulation on your no.2...
Yeah... Gwen is going to be a big sister....

アンゼエリン April 13, 2012 at 8:25 AM  

Congrats Mummy Gwen..I miss you alot! I'm very happy to hear that. Don't worry about the spotting. Just take care yourself very much! Yours preganancy definitely is the most wonderful moment for you, hubby and Gwen jie jie.

Take care and rest well.

yvonne April 13, 2012 at 8:36 AM  

So happy to hear from you, Mummy Gwen. And congrats for the Dragon baby!

I knew you would be busy handling Gwen and her school days but little did I know that I'll be hearing more great news!

Glad that everything is sailing smooth and do keep us update here :D

Take care!

lvynana April 13, 2012 at 8:37 AM  

Congrats and take good care of yourself.

Mom's The Cook April 13, 2012 at 8:38 AM  
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mommy to Chumsy April 13, 2012 at 8:39 AM  

Great to hear that you are back. Congrats on your pregnancy. Honestly, I was thinking about you last week..wondering where you are and what you are doing. I guess must be law of attraction and I saw you coming to my blog and now your updates :) Glad to know that all is well. Take a good rest and don't worry about blogging :)

Sheoh Yan April 13, 2012 at 8:41 AM  

So glad to see you update again. Mummy Gwen, while I read your story of second pregnancy, I find it so similar to my second pregnancy. I went through almost the same thing like you. Bleeding heavily out of a sudden at week 13, bed rest and injection after that for 2 weeks, having spotting of brown discharge for subsequent month then no problem until delivery. Wish you luck, Mummy Gwen. You take care.

Family First April 13, 2012 at 8:48 AM  

Congrats! Yes, been thinking about you wondering what happened when everytime I click on it, there is no updates. Nevertheless, god has blessed you and will continue to take care of you. Happy Pregnancy!!

Hayley April 13, 2012 at 8:56 AM  

Mummy Gwen, welcome back and congratulations on your pregnancy!!

Stay happy, everything will be ok la.. Take good care of yourself ok~

Cynthia April 13, 2012 at 9:13 AM  

I jumped to see your blog post came out onto my reader list!!! So happy to read your updates and good to know you are coping well too!! Jia You mummy.. and may GOD bless you with a smooth preggy journey, and smooth delivery!

Adrine April 13, 2012 at 9:41 AM  

Yay! I was smiling when I saw your updates. And then smiled even more when I read the pregnancy news. So happy for you! May you have a smooth 2nd and 3rd trimester and then deliver a healthy chubby dragon baby. :)

LittleLamb April 13, 2012 at 9:45 AM  

Hope r u ok. I thought of you sometime back and I actually contacted Bee Moon and she told me the "Secret". Not her fault ok. cos we are all concern for u. Then I continued to pray for u. Didnt want to kacau u n allowed u to rest...

Glad that all is ok :) Do continue to rest more. Maybe the baby inside need adjustment to KL life..ahahhahaha

ChloeRuoyi April 13, 2012 at 10:11 AM  

Welcome back! Very happy to see your update cos we miss you :) Same like Rachel, I also asked Bee Moon about you and got to know your "secret" earlier. Congrats ya!! Glad to know that you are feeling better now after going through all the "complications" earlier. Take care and rest more whenever possible.

Kristie April 13, 2012 at 11:02 AM  

Congrats my dear!!!!! Am so happy for u. Was wondering what happened to u ;-)

Have a smooth sailing pregnancy and will pray for you babe. Love to Gwen! Xoxo

Small Kucing April 13, 2012 at 11:23 AM  

Welcome back :) and Congratulations. Ya, it's scary handling everything on your own. Glad the spotting is taken care off. Hope everything smooth sailing for you now on.

Oliveoylz April 13, 2012 at 11:34 AM  

So wonderful to hear from you again, Mummy Gwen. It's been such a long break from blogging, for you! So, so happy to hear of your pregnancy news! A dragon baby!!! Good to hear that your morning sickness stage has passed and no more spotting...Do take more rest whenever you can. Enjoy your second trimester! It's the best time to eat! Yay!

Yee Ling April 13, 2012 at 11:35 AM  

Wow...definitely is a good news to hear from you. Wishing you to have a smooth pregnancy journey. Take care,ya.

2xMum April 13, 2012 at 11:52 AM  

Congrats!!!Take care ya...

slavemom April 13, 2012 at 12:04 PM  

Congrats! Everyone must be so thrilled. Sorry to hear abt the earlier complications. Hope it's smooth sailing from now on. It's not ez with hubby being away but I hope u can get some help from ur family, whenever u need it. Take good care of urself ya.

mNhL April 13, 2012 at 2:54 PM  

That's a piece of good news! Congrats!!! Rest more and take care. Gwen is a good girl so u have one thing less to worry.

CathJ April 13, 2012 at 4:13 PM  

1st.. So happy update frm you...

2nd.. Congrats with your pregnancy.. And i pray everything will go smoothly until deliver...pls do take care.. That reminds me on my both pregnancy.. Sigh...but everything is gonna be fine.. :)

3rd.. Aunty?? Haha... Beautiful sexy aunty.. :)

Mummy Moon April 13, 2012 at 4:18 PM  

So happy to see you back to blogger. Baby oh baby, must sayang mummy and guai guai ya..

Mummy Gwen April 13, 2012 at 4:52 PM  

Thank you all for your wonderful wishes and comments. :)

MommyAngel April 13, 2012 at 5:25 PM  

Welcome back!!!! I have thought so that you are pregnant and waiting for you the break the news :) So happy for you and take care and rest well ya :) Keep us up date when you are well :)

Kisses for little Gwen too :)

MeRy April 13, 2012 at 10:04 PM  

Glad that you are back to blogging world...missed reading your posts.
Never forget to congrats you.....going to be a mom for the 2nd time. Good news !!

Hope Gwen will recover soon.
Takecare....Hugs for Gwen !!

FiSh. ohFISHiee April 14, 2012 at 8:59 AM  

do take good care of yourself and smoothly deliver a healthy baby :) congrats and rest well!

Latest: Vegan Fruity Pizza

Umma April 15, 2012 at 1:19 PM  

MUMMY Gwen mei nuei....Congratulations!!! Im so happy to read your post today and knowing the good news.. OMG, Im so excited for you.. praying that your pregnancy will be smooth sailing..My wish for the 2nd baby is yet to come but we're still working on it.

That's why I was really happy to know that there's a bun in the oven coming soon..I hope you will have a "男" this time.. that would be fun raising a boy. When is the delivery date? Tell me , tell me...

Take care mei Nuei.. I chose to be a silent reader actually but I often read your blog.. mwahness...

Daddy April 15, 2012 at 7:23 PM  

Congrats, welcome back and do take care of yourself.

momto8 April 15, 2012 at 11:19 PM  

congrats! and congrats!! i spotted with half of my babies too...and they were all health pregnancies and babies...
good luck!!
i am your newest follower..pls follow back if you can.

Jobless Girl April 16, 2012 at 10:00 AM  

Congratulation and its will be a dragon baby oh.. Hope you have smooth pregnancy and healthy baby.

Vickylow April 16, 2012 at 2:23 PM  

Congrats!! finally you are back, welcome. Wish you a smooth pregnancy.

Kitty April 16, 2012 at 5:33 PM  

Congrats Mummy Gwen,
It's good to hear from you again!...Keep blogging and update us on your HK trip and your second pregnancy! Take care,ya.

Chew Lee April 17, 2012 at 7:38 AM  

wow.. great news!! Congrats .. I thought you were MIA because of Gwen's schooling in KL ... glad to hear that everything is in order now ... take care

Serene April 17, 2012 at 10:10 AM  

Mummygwen, I'm really happy to see your updates again!! Have a smooth pregnancy from now on and take care, ok.

BoeyJoey April 17, 2012 at 11:54 AM  

Mummy Gwen, so happy to see your post again... with good news too :-D. Congratulations on your pregnancy, and do not exert yourself too much. Don't worry about the spotting, as long as baby and mummy are healthy. Take care! :-)

Mummy Gwen April 19, 2012 at 2:48 PM  

Thank you friends for your concern.

Umma Mei Nue, Jia you on your No.2!!!! I'm surprised to see your comments here..I thought you never blog hop anymore. My EDD is 10th Sep. :)

Cookie April 19, 2012 at 11:43 PM  

Mummygwen! I am so missing you! So happy to read your updates and more than glad to hear that you are pregnant! Congratulations!!

But am praying for you & your baby's safety. So, take a lot of rest!!
I bet Gwen is also excited. She won't be that lonely anymore now that she's going to have a sibling.

Wishing you and your family the best! Take Care..

ladyyjae May 16, 2012 at 2:03 PM  

so happy for youuuuuuuu! congrats congrats :)

jen @ charmoflife.ca

mimi May 16, 2012 at 6:35 PM  

owh..finally!!
how i missed you!!hahahaha

congrats on the pregnancy dear! =)

Recent Posts